Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin? Yes, Please!

All of those fall recipes start coming out this time of year. At my house, the fall treat is soup. I make at least one batch a week and the boys favorite is always potato. We are trying to get a little more creative so I made a sweet potato curry soup recommended by a friend tonight and yum, it came out excellent. But much more than soup, the fall favorite with my family is pumpkin bars. I am making my third batch of pumpkin bars in 2 weeks because tomorrow is my Dad's birthday and these are his fave. I took my parents 5 cupcakes a few days ago and my Dad ate all 5 before I even left the house.

Cream cheese frosting is a bit boring, so I dyed it yellow in the last batch. These are the cupcakes we took to game night this past weekend.





Just in case you want to try them out for yourselves, here is the pumpkin bar recipe my friend Kelly shared with me:

mix:
2 C flour
2 C sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp cinnamon

add the following and beat until smooth:
4 eggs
1 16oz can pumpkin
1/2 C oil

bake in 15"x10"x1/2" pan at 350 deg F for 30 min. or bake as cupcakes at 375 deg F for 16 min. 

frosting:
1 large package cream cheese softened
1/2 C butter softened
2 C powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla 

I promise, you WON'T be disappointed you made them. Enjoy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment