Sunday, May 8, 2011

Backyard Update on Mother's Day

It is starting to warm up around here, actually, it was just plain hot this weekend here in Albuquerque. However, this evening is just perfect (as I write this post siting on my new "Adirondack" chair in the backyard). We had a lovely Mother's Day picnic at Sandia Lakes with my parents, gma, and aunt:


Watching and running from these guys:


Helped my mom work around her yard, then came home and worked around my yard. Before getting some actual "yard work" done, I snapped a few photos of new flowers blooming (or in the case of my hibiscus...croaking).

The bad first...the tips of my hibiscus froze after they were about 18-inches long so I gave 'em a haircut and am hoping new growth will continue. 



I was about to toss out this flower pot when my hubby noticed something had sprouted. I started watering it and whala lillies! Yay, 3 new lillies!


Not sure if I can actually keep fushia alive, but I'll give it a shot because they sure are gorgeous!


I wish I could send the amazing aroma of the wisteria through my blog because these smell amazing. 




Marigolds and cute pink things (can never remember what these are called) next to my cute solar light (awesome gift from mom).



I was thrilled to see my ice plant blooming! These close up around dusk but look so neat during the day. Gotta love desert plants since I live in the desert!


Ok the breeze picked up and I am getting cold. Moving this party inside....alright that is better.  Lots of pretty roses around the yard (well these are nothing compared to the roses in my dad's yard). 






And in 4 years...this is the FIRST iris that has actually bloomed in our yard!


Now for the work part. I turned this:


Into this:


My mini-garden! My gpa would be proud.

Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day too! Now go get some rest.

XOXO


1 comment: