Friday, May 13, 2011

Fun Times with Felt!

It has been a really really really long time since I have purchased, or even thought about purchasing, felt. That was until I caught a glimpse of the absolutely adorable felt flower pillows. The web is crawling with these pretty pillows so I thought I would make one.

I found a great tutorial on Cluck.Cluck.SEW and let me tell you, this project is SUPER easy... It would have been a tad more time consuming if I had not been able to use one of these:

A circle cutter! 

I don't own one, but it is certainly now on my list of cool gadgets that are "super-useful-every-now-and-then"... I borrowed Ali's during the last Modern Sewing Guild meeting and got all of my circles cut in a jiffy (and they were PERFECT). And after showing off my felt flower pillow, I already have requests to make more. I think that warrants me NEEDING a circle cutter. 

The flower is made of a bunch of felt semicircles sewed to some fabric and will soon become a pillow!


Close up of the flower and the button in the center. Can you believe nearly all of the felt I found while shopping was made of recycled plastic bottles??? Yay for recycling plastic!


Close up of the pillow fabric. 


For those of you that don't sew, the Crafting Chics have a tutorial using glue.

Hooray for Fridays!
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment